Special Recipe – Pavo con Chorizo – Turkey with Chorizo
Serves: 8 portions Total time: 6 hours 45 minutes
Category: main entrée and/or main meal Subcategory: other meat(s)
- 1 Turkey (large or small)
- 1 package of Chorizo (Beef or Pork)
- 1 Onion
- 1/4 cup of Garlic Powder
- 1/4 cup of Black Pepper
- 1 Tomato
- 1 Bottle of Wine
- 1 Red Leaf Lettuce
1. Take the Turkey and you place your hand(s) inside the Turkey and remove everything from inside the turkey including the heart, the gizzard and everything else that might be inside of the Turkey until the Turkey is completely empty.
2. Start to open the package of Chorizo and place it in a large plate.
3. In that same large plate with the Chorizo begin and start mixing in the cups of Garlic Powder and Black Pepper.
4. Now get the Tomato and begin to start cutting it into very small pieces you can also start to get the Onion and begin cutting it into very small pieces.
5. Place the chopped up and cut pieces of both the Tomato and the Onion in that same large plate with the Chorizo.
6. Now start to mix everything in the large plate with the Chorizo mix it for a good few minutes until everything is mixed in together.
7. Now everything that is mixed and/or stirred in together with the Chorizo you can consider it as stuffing and start and begin to stuff it inside the empty Turkey remember that you are going to stuff everything from the large plate mixed in with the Chorizo into the Turkey.
8. Now get ready and prepare the large container and/or plate where you are going to place the Turkey before it goes into the oven for cooking.(oven dish or turkey oven dish or large oven bowl size big enough for the turkey)
9. Now place the Turkey in the large plate and/or container where it will stay while it is getting cooked in the oven.
10. Now get the bottle of Wine, open the bottle of Wine and start pouring and/or showering the entire bottle of Wine over the Turkey like a spilled drink and make sure that the large oven container where the Turkey is currently sitting has a little extra space so the extra Wine can float next to the Turkey and give it that special Wine aroma that will definitely be noticed when the cooked Turkey comes out of the oven.
11. Start and begin to turn on and prepare the oven and/or the oven temperature at 450 degrees for the oven to be at full cooking temperature strength before placing the Turkey inside it.
12. Now place the Turkey inside of the temperature ready oven at 450 degrees and you let it cook for approximately a good 6 hours maybe 7 hours depending on the temperature of your oven.
12. When the Turkey is finished cooking in the oven start and begin to take it out of the oven and place on the stove where it can cool off just for a little bit of time.
13. Now start and begin to prepare a large plate where the cooked Turkey is going to be placed on, now get the Red Leaf Lettuce and start to peel the lettuce leaved apart and place them all over the large plate covering the large plate completely with the Red Leaf Lettuce leaves.
14. Now you place the cooked Turkey on top of the large plate covered with the Red Leaf Lettuce leaves.
15. The cooked and stuffed Turkey is now ready to be proudly served to your friends, family and loved ones. Happy Holidays!
There can be changes and/or modifications with this recipe for example, if you do not like Chorizo and/or do not want to use Chorizo you can also use Ground Beef, Linguica, Longaniza, or Italian Sausage whatever you and your mouth are craving.